The USASA in partnership with the USSA will award Rev Tour Invitations to eligible USASA members participating in select regularly scheduled Regional Halfpipe & Slopestyle events.
The Wednesday, December 2nd Halfpipe at Copper Mountain will be the only Rev Tour Qualifier contest with registration limited to the age classes eligible to be awarded the invitations. All USASA ages classes will be able to compete in the Rocky Mountain Series Slopestyle Rev Tour Qualifiers and will be awarded both Regional and Nationals points.
Snowboarders & Skiers in the age classes list below in addition to earning USASA National & Regional points will be awarded invitations for the remaining stops in the 2016 Rev Tour season and as a pre-qualified competitor for the 2017 Rev Tour season:
- Top two (2) in Snowboard Open Class (per gender / per discipline)
- Top one (1) in Youth (per gender / per discipline)
- Top one (1) in Freeski Open Class (per gender / per discipline)
- Top one (1) in 16-18 Age Class (per gender / per discipline)
- Top one (1) in 13-15 Age Class (per gender / per discipline)
Select Host Series:
- EAST - Southern Vermont Series - Snowboard ONLY
- ROCKIES - Rocky Mountain Series - Snowboard & Freeski
- CENTRAL - Great Lakes Series - Snowboard ONLY
- WEST - Unbound Series - Snowboard & Freeski
Click HERE to register for these events
*Spots will be handed down if athlete is already qualified from another criteria.
*Snowboarders must be age 13 by Dec. 31, 2015 to be eligible to accept the award & must also obtain USSA / FIS membership to compete in the RevTour events
*Skiers must be age 14 by Dec. 31, 2015 to be eligible to accept the award & must also obtain USSA / FIS membership to compete in the RevTour events
We're gonna kick off the 2015/16 with a Rail Jam at Copper Mountain on Sunday September 13th! Scott and his park crew will be building us a competition line complete with ride on features for the 9 & Unders. Online registration for this event is open and is the only way that you'll get to see your name on the start list. Please visit www.usasa.org to renew your membership and then register for the event. Registration for this rail jam closes at midnight, Friday September 11th.
See you there!
Sunday September 13, 2015
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am - Check in at Adaptive Action Sports
- ALL Competitors must wear a bib while training
- 11:30 am - Training
- 12:30 am - Course Closed to All
- 12:45 pm - Riders Meeting (at bottom of venue)
- 1:00 pm - Competition Start - Heat One
- 3:30 pm - Awards
I first met Jon "Zeke" Zdechlik in the summer of 2012. We were absolute strangers from completely different winter sports backgrounds, he a cross country guy and me a snowboard dude. We quickly discovered that we shared a passion for childrens athletics and so he patiently listened to my "Lil Rascals Rail Jam" snowboard pitch!
He showed me a piece of dirt out front of the Frisco Adventure Park lodge, I said that this location would work, he looked at me and just said, sure, lets do it! He worked in a huge fireworks show & birthday cake for the kids too besides delivering an awesome venue. It was an awesome event, thanks to him!
Jon was diagnosed with stage-four lung cancer, shortly before Thanksgiving in November of 2013. The diagnosis came as a shock — Zdechlik, an active cross-country skier, had never smoked a day in his life.
Zeke was tireless at work, always at the ready it would seem. I don't think I ever got his voicemail, he was just that kind of guy. We hosted multiple Rail Jams at the Adventure Park at his insistence. I believe he loved the energy that a throng of kids bring!
Zdechlik is survived by his wife, Sherri, and their four children. A memorial service is planned for this Friday, July 24, at 1 p.m. at Saint Mary’s Catholic Church in Breckenridge.
A reception will be held afterwards at Beaver Run Resort. The family requests that instead of flowers that contributions be sent to the Jon Zdechlik Memorial Fund through Wells Fargo Bank, #7307456702. More details can be found through Zdechlik’s CaringBridge page.
“He was a tremendous man, a dedicated husband, and a dedicated father,” Jon Kreamelmyer a close friend of Jon's said. “It doesn’t get much better than that to be honest with you.”
- Which mindset are you?
- Once again you make us great
- See you at Copper
- Flying High - 2015 HP Champs
- NYRJ at Copper
- Banked Slalom
- Woodward Wednesdays
- Copper Mountain SBX/SX Training
- Icelantic Free Stuff Fridays
- The 2014 / 15 Season has begun!
- Please give generously!
- Coaches Certification
- Winter eMagazine
- Vast Captures it all!
- RMS Bronze Level Slopestyle
- GromCo RMS Collaboration
- Ruggies, Grom's, 9 & under Skiers
- Mountain Rideshare
- We Need a New Gate