Checkout this awesome vintage snowboarding segment from the winter of 1995-96. Here we have snowboarders explaining to regular people just what snowboarding is, and this is back when snowboarding was still young.
The USASA will again offer an Exhibition Banked Slalom competition at the 2015 National Championship at Copper Mountain. This 2015 season the Exhibition Banked Slalom at the National Championship will also be open to both Snowboarders and Skiers.
In order to be eligible to compete at this exhibition event at the National Championship you MUST either:
- be the age class winner of your home series regional event to be guaranteed a spot
- or have participated in your home series event to be eligible to enter the "lottery" that is used to fill the remaining field
We will host the only RMS Banked Slalom event this season on Friday February 6th, 2015 at Copper Mountain, open to both Snowboarders and Skiers. The event will be both a 9 & under Free and an Adaptive Free competition. Entry is capped at 160 competitors. Please register early to avoid disapointment.
Shown below is an overview of the course we intend to build!
Yep thats right, FREE, just for being a Grommet or 9 & Under Skier in the Rocky Mountain Series.
Once a week beginning December 5th, 2014 and each Wednesday through March 18th, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm every Rocky Mountain Series Grom and 9 & under Skier (must be a minimum of 8 years of age) can drop in at Woodward Copper free of charge!
This deal means 20 free sessions for you to train, practice and have fun at getting ready to compete in the largest snowboard and freeskier contest on the planet, the 2015 USASA National Championships - and all just for joining the USASA and being a member of the Rocky Mountain Series!
Here's the skinny:
- Must be a current 2014/15 USASA Rocky Mountain Series member
- Free Sessions only available to Grommet or 9 & Under Skier classes (the Woodward Barn minimum age is 8 years of age)
- Everyone else receives the normal USASA discount:
- 50% off Intro Sessions
- 20% off Drop In Sessions
- Must bring your membership card as proof of current USASA Rocky Mountain Series membership
- Must bring a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
- Don't forget your ski and snowboard boots so you can train on our indoor Burton ParkBoard™ and ParkSki™ !
- Only on Wednesdays during the 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm session, be sure to show up a few minutes early! Especially if you are participating in an Intro Session
- Must be ready to have some fun!!
- Ski Cooper SBX/SX Training
- Icelantic Free Stuff Fridays
- The 2014 / 15 Season has begun!
- Please give generously!
- Once again you make us great
- Coaches Certification
- Winter eMagazine
- Vast Captures it all!
- RMS Bronze Level Slopestyle
- GromCo RMS Collaboration
- Ruggies, Grom's, 9 & under Skiers
- Mountain Rideshare
- We Need a New Gate
- A Helmet for your Teeth
- Renew your USASA Membership today!
- Check Your Helmets